The winter is coming. The unique features of winter are coldness, the wet along with dryness which lead to many different respiratory diseases such as flu, and cough. To avoid suffering those typical diseases of winter, you have to make your surrounding atmosphere warmer and cozier.
There are some directions to create warmer and cozier house without the least usage of energy.
- Make your room as much simple as possible. Winter is not season of light fixtures and dusty bulbs. It is proved that your house gets 30% brighter after clean dirty light fixtures and dusty bulbs.
- Eliminate all the air leaks. Window is not the only entrance for cold air attacking to your house. There are so many other entries for them such as gaps stealthy gapsaround recessed lights, electrical boxes, and wall outlets. You can seal those sneaky air leaks by using a lit incense stick or placing pieces of furniture front of the air leak. However, don’t seal them permanently, because they will be useful for you when summer comes.
- Install a gel fireplace
Traditional gas and wood fireplace are no more fashionable because they burn air and exhaust toxic gases. A gel fireplace is a heating machine producing heat without utilizing traditional material like gas, wood, electricity or even a chimney. An outstanding advantage of it is smoke-free and fewer emission of allegans. A gel fireplace does not cost much money. The average price is for a basic model is $150. Fee for gel fuel is not expensive; it’s about $35 to every 12 cans.
Trick: use a small cooker as a mini fireplace. The warm air stream coming from the cooker boosts level of moisture in the air and level of temperature by its heat. By using small cooker to replace fireplace, you can save more energy and money in electricity bill.
- Bring nature inner your house
Many indoor garden plants have ability of improving people’s health as well as decorating house and enhancing living environment such as African violet, Boston fern, English Ivy, eucalyptus, Gerbera daisy, peace Lily, etc. Plants’ photosynthesis process contributes to air cycle in your house. By breathing in carbon dioxide, they help your house always full of fresh air and make it cozier. Beside, their health improving function directly makes people comfortable.
HVAC filter is a part of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system to help it work longer and more efficient. The best frequency of HVAC filter replacement is once a month to avoid excess of dust concentration during circulating process.
Natural lighting is very important to house coziness and warmth. Although in winter, it is a lack of natural light like sunlight. However, rare sunlight in winter brings your house a lot of natural brightness and warmth. Therefore, try to maximize daylight coming in your house by some notes:
- Always keep your windows pane-fully out of dust. The clearer they are, the bigger amount of sunlight you can get
- Let ditch your windows’ screen regularly. Moisture on the screen traps dirt and prevents sunlight from coming in.
- Do not open windows frequently. This does not capture daylight but water and cold outside.
- Put an interior window to a room next to a sun-drenched to make use of natural light.
- Add an interior window to a room next to a sun-drenched space to take advantage of natural light.
7. Repaint your house with hot colors like yellow, pink, orange and so on to remind you of summer and warmth.